Violet
Photobucket
I decided to challenge myself to post a weekly update on what has left my house as I continue to declutter.  Then, I got to thinking that it's better for me to be held a bit accountable to keep it up.. that's where you come in.  Grab the handy dandy button from my sidebar if you'd like, and join me right here, each Tuesday, to post what YOU have decluttered.  You can write your own blog post and leave the link in the comments, or, just leave your list right there in the comments.   (If we get several participants I'll look into putting up one of those Linky things each week.)  We'll cheer each other on, and hopefully, by Spring, our houses will be much lighter!

Today's list:  in the past week we've gotten rid of tons of Christmas packaging.   We filled three bags with cardboard and plastic from all the things that had come into the house over the holidays.  Most was recycled, although some of the smashed pieces and such had to be trashed.   Sure, it doesn't sound like much, but there have been years when that extra packaging has hung around the house for a month or so before it finally was bundled up and taken out... so I'm pretty happy to have it done!
Tackle It Tuesday Meme

So for Tackle It Tuesday, I'm planning to go through my Christmas storage area as we take things down this evening, and hopefully I'll be able to purge a bit-- I know there are some broken light strands down there that need to go.  Check back next week to find out what I tossed!

7 Responses
  1. Today...I threw out my 6 yr old sons socks that were gungy. I think I might have to splurge for some new ones that are actually white. I tossed 13 pairs...lol. They were mostly hand me downs from my 9 yr old son so I don't feel too bad about throwing them out. We got lots of use out of them.


  2. Deanne Says:

    Here is the link to my post. Love the idea! Thanks for the encouragement! Also, I started following your blog too. Have a great Tuesday!

    http://chaorganizingos.blogspot.com/2011/01/tossed-it-tuesday.html


  3. Forgetfulone Says:

    Great challenge! I love the feeling of throwing out clutter. Thanks for stopping by my tackle!


  4. Michelle Says:

    I am always a fan for decluttering. I'll do my best to participate each week.


  5. Zelma Lopez Says:

    Congrats! I still haven't tackled my Christmas stuff :(


  6. Amanda Says:

    i decluttered my tupperware cupboard today

    http://1stdayofmynewlife.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-3-tupperware-cupboard.html

    packaging is a pain in the ass.. i have a huge pile to cut down and get rid of.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    A great idea! See you next Tuesday!!


Post a Comment

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for stopping by!